We start the day (8am) with a welcome drink at Hai Café (98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An Ancient Town) – our meeting point. Travel by minivan (10 mins) to Tra Que Organic Village, and walk through the market gardens where local farmers work their fields using the traditional methods of hundreds of years ago – no electrical machinery here. We pick fresh saw-tooth coriander and Vietnamese mint for our cooking lesson later, before trying a special herbal drink at a local home. To the local village market and with shopping list in hand we purchase a range of local ingredients, including star anise, cardamom, sesame rice paper, water spinach and banana flower. Arriving at Red Bridge Cooking School we have a chance to freshen up before beginning our class. Working together with our Red Bridge Chef we learn the traditional ways of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food from scratch. Using the freshest ingredients and traditional Vietnamese utensils (still in use today) we cook 4 famous dishes, including the national dish ‘Pho’. After the class we sit down and a chance to savour the dishes we have prepared. Leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River back to central Hoi An.
- Lunch and selected drinks (5 in total).
- Guided tour of Tra Que Organic Village with herbal drink at a local home.
- Red Bridge recipe booklet.
- Boat from Red Bridge Cooking School to central Hoi An.
- Free use of the Red Bridge swimming pool (towels & showers provided).
- Travel Insurance
- Visa fee if any
- Domestic and International air tickets
- Personal expenses
- Others not mentioned nor specified above